Hi Freestylerz Coaches!
First weekend of the 2022 Freestylerz 10 week program is coming up Jan 8/9. Please be prepared by reading ALL this information and following week 1 Fundamentalz pocket books.
FZ Plus coaches - If you coach Freestylerz Plus programs this may be a review but please have a quick read so you are up to speed on things like Covid, Raffle and who you will be coaching with going forward.
ZOOM call - 6:30pm tonight
IF you can make it please join me for a zoom call tonight. We will go over any last minute questions and review the following information.
Covid-19 safety - If you listen to the news the current strain of Covid spreading like crazy. You probably all know someone with it now. More then three SS Freestyle Coaches plus numerous club families have it or had it in last two weeks. It will peak in January.
Prevention - IF YOU HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS PLEASE STAY HOME. If it persists please call 811 and see if you should get tested.
Please follow the Covid best practices. Where a medical mask at all training sessions and in indoor and outdoor public areas. Please use your safest judgement.
Freestylerz 10 and FZ PLUS Coach Roster (Jan 8 - Mar 13)
- Plus Saturday / 1.5 - Cody, Caden D, Logan
- Teen Saturday - Keaton
- Saturday 10 wk - Brayden, Sierra, Nathan
- Plus Sunday - Caden D, Maso (Riley sub)
- Sunday 10 wk - Anderson, Brennan
- Sunday Float coaches - Keaton AM /Sierra D PM
Meeting LOCATION - B Zone
- · 8:15am ~ coaches and coordinators meet
- · 8:45am ~ athletes meeting time
- · 8:55am ~ skiing time
- · 11:30am - 12:15pm ~ break time (45min)
- · 3:00pm ~ return time - athlete debrief
- · 3:10 ~ coaches debrief
Athletes love having the same coach every week. It is part of the success of the freestyle program at Silver Star. But from time to time acceptable reasons apply for needing a substitute with your group. To ensure we have a plan around this please take a few minutes now to help identify who will be your substitute coach this season if/when needed. If you need time off this is a SHARED responsibility between you and the coach team. Keep Wade in the loop.
Final Check list
- Coach licence/Criminal Record Check
- Safesport/MED/Making Headway
- Emergency Action plan
- Coach Orientation and Review Safety Protocols
Before you leave home every day:
- Head to toe check - Helmet, Goggles, base layers, outerwear, ski boots, poles, skis, season pass
- Health Check
- Snacks and meal
- Coach pocket guide or lesson plan
At the hill:
- radio check
- Check in with Lead coach and other coaches
- get ready to group athletes
- Help with jersey's, raffle tickets, toques, tents or other duties
On the hill
- follow lesson plans and make adjustments as need
- follow safety protocols
- check in with other groups and lead coaches time to time
- debrief with your participants
- be prepared to give parents some feedback at the end of each session
Freestylerz athletes contacts: Click here
HAVE FUN, POSITIVE TEACHING, MAINTAIN A SAFE ENVIRONMENT
Shane and Wade