• To introduce participants to freestyle-ski coaching. Skills include:
- group management
- lesson planning (training exercises, safety, and of course, fun!)
- lesson execution (leadership and adaptability)
certified freestyle ski coach. Must be 15 years old).
• To gain a deeper understanding of freestyle skiing (you strengthen your own skills through
• Participants are paired with experienced freestyle ski coaches who will guide them through the lessons. The apprentice coach will shadow his or her mentor coach, help plan lessons, and learn to lead a group on skis.
Who can participate?
• Athletes aged 13-16. Participants can enrol in this program for multiple seasons before taking the
Dates and times:
Each participant will be assigned a minimum of 4 slots on either Saturdays or Sundays. Between January 2 to March 7, 2021. Times and dates are TBA.
$50 – payable to “Silver Star Freestyle”
– The program fee will be collected once the schedule has been created and distributed, and
before the program begins.
** Participants must have a Club Athlete licence ($73) to be in this program.